Monday, November 4, 2013

Genetic Counselor

Duties and Responsibilities:

Genetic counselors work with patients that have genetic, or inherited, disorders, and birth defects. Genetic Counselors also counsel patients who are at risk for these problems.  They educate patients and families about their conditions and how they might best manage their problems. Another thing they do is examine family histories to determine the likelihood of genetic problems. They also may conduct research about genetic disorders.

Average Salary:  $25,000 - $55,000

Education:

Students who would like to become a genetic counselor should take a challenging high school curriculum. A master’s degree is required to become a genetic counselor.  Most graduate programs require a strong undergraduate background. Many states require a genetic counselor to be certified.


I don’t think I would like to choose this career because I would like to work in an actual laboratory. I don’t think I would like to counsel people, maybe I would like to work in a laboratory were you would have to test their blood and things like to find out their genetics. 

CHOOSE THE RIGHT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment