Thursday, February 6, 2014

Ophthalmic Technician

Duties and Responsibilities:

They help ophthalmologists collect data and measurements to get the correct diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases and problems. These technicians may work in hospitals, clinics, or for ophthalmologists in private practice. Their responsibilities usually consist of:
            ·       Performing simple eye exams.
            ·       Assisting eye surgery
            ·       Explaining diagnostic and treatment procedures to patients.

Average Salary: $14,000 - $25,000

Education:


Students who would like to become an ophthalmic technician require a high school diploma or GED. They will also need two years of college to beginning training programs. The programs may vary in length, but can take up to two years to complete.  

I don't think I would like to become an ophthalmic technician because I don't think I would like to work with the eyes and I would rather have a career in which I can do research in a laboratory.

No comments:

Post a Comment