Thursday, May 15, 2014

Oriental Medicine Doctor

Duties and Responsibilities:

They use forms of acupuncture and treatment through the Chinese concept of energy. They treat headaches, back pain, arthritis, or other illnesses by identifying patterns of imbalance within a body’s energy level and working to readjust fluids or tissues in order to keep the body in balance and relieve pain. Their techniques include acupuncture, cupping, acupressure, and herbal supplements. They must be able to evaluate a patient’s symptoms and identify what organs or tissues are causing the aliment.

Salary: $61,000
Education:


Some doctors are licensed to be a physician’s assistant and then take classes to become certified in oriental medicine. Most have a bachelor’s degree in biology or another medical related field. To qualify for certification they must complete a certain number of hours working as an intern. 

I don't think I would like to be an oriental medicine doctor because it really doesn't interest me and I really don't see myself doing this for my whole life

No comments:

Post a Comment